Eggs are an inexpensive and nutritious source of protein. Buying eggs from pastured hens gives you vibrant eggs yolks, especially in spring when their diet includes new green grass.
Eater’s Tip: Hard boiled eggs are very versatile. In the morning, slice on a piece of sprouted toast. Add to salads or sandwiches. Or eat as a snack sprinkled with a little sea salt.
- 1 to 12 eggs - preferably from pastured hens
- In a pot, cover eggs with water (you want at least an inch of water above the eggs), and turn heat to medium high.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, remove from heat.
- Cover pot with lid and wait 12 minutes.
- Soak eggs in cold water for 10 minutes. Store in the fridge.