This is an easy way to prepare potatoes. Baby potatoes cook quickly and there is no peeling involved. Simply cut in half, add oil, seasoning and roast for 30min. A garnish of fresh herbs looks beautiful and adds additional flavor and nutrients.
I like to serve roasted baby potatoes with fresh herbs alongside fish or grilled sausages and a vegetable. Sometimes Chris and I eat these like tiny french “fries” which we dip in ketchup or spicy mayonnaise with sriracha. Leftovers are delicious tossed directly into salads with mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 lbs mixed baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp italian seasoning (dried)
- sprinkle of course sea salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh finely chopped herb (chive or parsley) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes in half and place on roasting tray.
- Add olive oil and seasoning and mix to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and roast for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve.