Roasted broccoli with olive oil and lemon is a simple and delicious side dish. It a great recipe to try with kids or people that don’t love broccoli. I made a version of this for my two young nephews and it was a big success. Roasting sweetens the flavor of the broccoli, and the addition of lemon juice helps to caramelize tops of edges of the florets.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli (about 5 cups once it is trimmed into florets)
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- half a lemon - juiced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss broccoli florets with oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a small roasting pan or baking sheet
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes until knife tender and tops of the florets start turn brown and crispy.