For me, roasted sweet potato fries are just as good as deep fried. I like mine a little on the burnt side, and they do burn easily, so it can be a close call occasionally. I’ve made these in all different shapes – fries, planks, wedges, circles – doesn’t matter as long as you cut them in about the same thickness. If you don’t mind the skin, I recommend leaving it on to boost the fiber and nutritional value.
I love experimenting with different fats. Coconut oil is a fun one to try. The flavors of coconut and sweet potato is an unexpectedly delicious combination.
- 1 large sweet potato cut into ¼ inch strips or disks
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut sweet potato into equal sized pieces (about ¼ in thick). Either strips or round disks.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss potato wedges with oil on baking sheet and arrange in single layer. (Tip: with coconut oil, melt in small sauce pan on low heat first and then pour over potatoes and toss to coat.)
- Roast potatoes for 25 min, flip, and return to oven for another 10 min.
Gluten Free, Vegetarian