It’s asparagus season! At least in the greater NYC area it comes in the springtime. It is one of the first local vegetables to show itself and is a signal that abundant produce is not too far behind. In keeping with the spring time season, roasting asparagus with lemon is a light and fresh preparation. This recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Lemon is easy, fast, and low maintenance.
- 1 bunch asparagus - trimmed and washed (see notes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice from ¼ lemon
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- sea salt and pepper - to taste
- Pre Heat oven to 400.
- Shake asparagus dry and arrange in a single layer on a roasting sheet with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20min (tossing half way through) until you can easily pierce stems with a knife.