This is a really easy recipe for steamed broccoli with basic vinaigrette. Broccoli cooks quickly when you steam it, so it’s a good way to go if you don’t have a lot of time. When I steam broccoli, I prefer to leave the florets with a few inches of stem, but give them a quick peel so it’s easier to bite into.
Eater’s Tip: Broccoli with vinaigrette keeps very well for a few days, so you might want to make a double batch of this for leftovers or to bring with you to work. It also eats well warm or cold.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled
- ¼ cup vinaigrette
- Bring several inches of water to boil in a pot fitted with a steamer basket.
- When water is boiling, add broccoli and cover.
- Steam for 10-12 minutes until you can easily insert a knife into the stem.
- While broccoli is cooking, prepare basic dressing in the bottom of a large bowl.
- When broccoli is tender, transfer to bowl and toss with dressing .